Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1000 Avatars Book Released


So yesterday Gracie Kendal had a book release party for 1000 Avatars. One of my friends tipped me to the project months ago and Gracie ended up photographing the Virtual Worlds class. After striking up a conversation with her while she photographed me she asked if I would be interested in writing an essay on avatars for her book. I am delighted to say that I am a small part of this fascinating project with an essay entitled "Capturing a Moment of Becoming." She has had to move the installation a few times - it is currently housed at Cal State Northridge - you can find the link here: http://secondlife.com/destination/1000-avatars-project?sourceid=dgw1. Gracie has information on the book on her blog here: http://1000avatars.wordpress.com. SL, like any online community, is so fleeting it is great to see someone preserving part of that history. Plus Gracie's site is a wonderful place to hang out and just chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment